Saturday, March 13, 2010

Owl City

So, my cousin Julie was in from Indiana last week to watch Jill and I run our 5K, and we took a little girl's day to have lunch and go to Ross.  Ross, if you're not familiar, is sort of like a big, indoor garage sale... a step down from Marshalls or TJ Maxx, full of uber-cheap but new stuff.  It's pretty great for a quick fix if you want to buy a shirt that will give you the immediate exhilaration of wearing something new, even if the quality is debatable.

At any rate, I was scouring the clearance home items and I found a silver owl statue.  I thought for about 5 seconds of buying it, and then decided to pass.  When I mentioned the owl to Jill and then showed her,she was so excited, because it just happened that she was looking for an owl to complete the look of her newly decorated (and super cute) playroom. 

At some point in the shopping trip, she handed the owl off to me so that she could use the restroom.  Julie and I were in the shoe aisle when the owl slipped out of my overburdened arms and crashed to the ground, breaking the ear off of the owl:


As you can see here, I was filled with immense fear over telling Jill what I had done to her owl.  Here is her response (note how I try to blame the baby):